CAli*MA Art Gallery • Amr Qandil (Egypt)
Amr Qandil Elfeqi was born in 1985. He lives in the city of Banha, where he grew up. The city contributed to the formation of his theories and ideas about art due to its distinguished location as a link between Cairo and the Nile Delta.
Amr Qandil had been passionate about art since his early childhood. He had always made drawings and expressed his feelings in drawings. However, his decision to study art came as late as 2016, when he enrolled at the College of Fine Arts studying liberal arts and joining the art group. He was captivated by watercolours since his very first experience.
Amr was always inspecting places of tradition and ancient heritage as well as people’s simple behaviours in coffee shops and on ancient roads in Cairo. Also he was touched by the simple lives of farmers in the Delta and by the ways they irrigated and collected crops. All that enriched Amr's visual memory, which was reflected in his art. After completion of his studies, he practiced his passion with artistic companions in streets and parks.
Currently, Amr Qandil offers artistic workshops with different materials to some students, who want to learn how to make art.
"My rest in the studio with my colors and paintings is the most beautiful place ever. I secretly retreat to a refuge in a silent space, where I search for isolation, in which my mind and conscience, which are exhausted by life, can rest.. Art consoles those, who are exhausted and exhausted by the harshness of their societies, and wipes away the momentum of life from people’s foreheads.. Art is the incitement to creativity, breaking restrictions, and departing from the text.. When I draw an aquarelle, I feel like an artist swimming in watercolours." - Amr Qandil
Artist Amr Qandil – Artworks
All works are for sale and available through the shop of CAli*MA Art Gallery.
Click on the photos to see the full and enlarged artworks!
Dr. Mohamed Al-Nasser, Professor of the Department of Painting at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the Helwan University in Cairo says :
"The works of artist Amr Qandil carry beauty in form, depth in content and mastery of its discipline. For these reasons, the artist has reached a high degree of quality and mastery. His special rank is based on the simplicity he achieved in his creativity through his perseverance and on the comprehension of the components of the artistic work he reached - a style that carries features and implications that makes him an aptly artist."
Group Exhibitions (Selection):
- 41 General Exhibitions in the Palace of Art, Cairo
- Exhibition "Khayal Ma'atah", Salah Taher Hall, Cairo Opera House in 2018
- "Lotus" exhibition at Mahmoud Mokhtar Museum, Cairo in 2019
- Exhibition "Turathy 4", Hanager Hall, Cairo Opera House in 2019
- "Adam's Ship" exhibition at Picasso East Gallery, New Cairo in 2019
- Turathy for Fine and Visual Arts" competition, fifth session, Cairo in 2020
- "Black and White Salon, fifth session, Cairo in 2020
- "The Tree" exhibition at Azad Gallery, Cairo in 2021
- "Enchanted" exhibition, Ahmed Shawky Museum, Giza in 2021
- "Animalia" exhibition at Cordoba Art Gallery, Cairo in 2022
- "Legends" exhibition at Demi Art Gallery, Cairo in 2022
- Exhibition and competition “Art with a Pharaonic Flavor”, Dai Gallery, Cairo in 2022
- "East and West" exhibition at Art Corner Zamalek Gallery, Cairo in 2022
- “The Musicalist” exhibition at the Mahmoud Mukhtar Museum, Cairo in 2023
- Many art meetings, forums and workshops for teaching drawing and painting.
- Incentive award from the Ministry of Culture in the "Turathy for Fine and Visual Arts" competition, Fourth Session, 2019
- Prize for the second place in the "Turathy for Fine and Visual Arts" competition, Fifth Session, 2020
- Official holdings at the Ministry of Culture
- Individuals in Egypt, England, Spain and Austria